I love chia seeds!! They have fiber, protein, and low carb. I have a major sweet tooth and since I’m on a grain free and sugar free diet I need to find ways to curb my sweet tooth. Chia seed pudding is a great way to do that. This pudding is versatile to eat for breakfast or snacks. This recipe is for breakfast because it uses coffee, but you can substitute the coffee for whatever you would like to create your pudding. I have made a couple of changes to the recipe myself. I did try it with the coffee and it was really good, but I am a true peanut butter lover at heart!! I love it!! So I made a few changes to the recipe. Change 1 I used chocolate almond milk to replace the coffee and for change 2 I replaced the nut butters with PB2. For those of you who don’t know what PB2 is, it’s powdered peanut butter. You can also mix and match and customize this for whatever you are in the mood for. Adding different flavorings or different kinds of fruit is a good way to do that. I will be most definitely playing with this recipe 🙂
Here is the original recipe http://paleomg.com/overnight-chocolate-coffee-chia-breakfast-pudding/
Here the recipe I made with the changes
- ½ cup chocolate almond milk
- ½ cup full fat canned coconut milk
- 2 heaping tablespoons of PB2
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon unsweetened cocoa powder
- ¼ cup chia seeds
- Blend brewed chocolate almond milk, coconut milk, PB2, vanilla extract, honey, and cocoa powder in a blender.
- Place the blended mixture into a resealable large jar (or 2 smaller jars) then add chia seeds. Seal jar and shake. (I used 2 smaller jars and placed 1/8c of chia seeds in each jar)
- Place in refrigerator overnight or for at least 3+ hours.
- Eat up. Breakfast is served.